An application may be submitted at any time.
Admission is subject to availability of facilities and supervision.
- Possess a degree equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from the University
- Satisfy additional requirements, if any, that may be prescribed by the Dean (Graduate Studies).
All candidates are expected to be proficient in English comprehension and expression.
Research strengths at Southern Cross Plant Science which sits under the umbrella of the Faculty of Science and Engineering include:
- Crop and forest tree genetics
- Genomics and bioinformatics
- Abiotic stress proteomics
- Plant secondary products
- Nutritional composition of grains.
Postgraduate research projects on offer address: food security, nutrition, crop adaptation to climate change, agricultural soils, agronomy, pre-breeding, abiotic stress tolerance, and crop genetic diversity.