To qualify for admission to a PhD, applicants must:
- Possess a degree equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from the University with first-class Honours or second class Honours, first division, or
- Possess a degree equivalent to a Masters degree from the University, with a Relevant Research Component, or
- Submit other evidence of relevant professional qualifications and experience, or research experience, to satisfy the Dean (Graduate Studies) that the applicant possesses a level of relevant research experience equivalent to an award in either clause (5)a or (5)b; and satisfy such additional requirements for admission to a PhD candidature, if any, as may be prescribed by the Dean (Graduate Studies).
All candidates are expected to be proficient in English comprehension and expression.
Students can explore research in a range of areas under the Tourism Research Cluster:
- Gambling and gaming
- Nature-based tourism and leisure, interpretation and tour guiding
- Cultural tourism and indigeneity
- Policy, management and governance
- Gender and sexuality.
For more information please visit the Business and Tourism research pages.