- Both men and women in the age range of 18-65 years are eligible
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Fasting blood glucose greater than 6.0 mmol/L, or diagnosed with pre-diabetes or type 2 diabetes by your doctor
- Body mass index >25 kg/m2 (i.e. overweight or obese)
- No planned changes to medication regimen for hyperglycaemia (high blood sugars) (e.g. metformin, acarbose) or other metabolic diseases (e.g. lipid-lowering drugs)
- No planned major lifestyle changes during the research period (i.e. commencement/ceasing of exercise regimen, pregnancy, new diet, etc.).