Coffs Harbour campus library
The Coffs Harbour Education Campus (CHEC) is a multi-partner campus serving Southern Cross University, TAFE NSW and the Coffs Harbour Senior College. CHEC Library provides tailored and specialised services to students and staff from all partners as well as generic information services.
Level 2 of the Library has been recently refurbished to include more group study rooms and 18 new spacious study carrels.
The Library caters for students and staff from three very different educational environments.
- Library Lab - a large formal teaching space used by Library staff for information literacy sessions, and TAFE or Senior College staff for class instruction.
- Recreational Reading Zone - a chill-out space with informal furniture and a large fiction collection.
- Information Desk
- Reference consultation room
- Main computer area
- 7 group study rooms, ranging in size and able to accommodate up to 16 people.
- 30 individual study carrels for quiet study
- Research collections
Facts and figures
- 2,000 square metres
- 7 group study rooms, bookable by students using an online booking system
- 1 Library Lab operating as silent study spaces when classes are not booked
- 42 desktop PCs