Gold Coast campus library
The Gold Coast campus library, opened in August 2017, is located in Building C at the Southern end of the campus. The thoughtful design of the new building contains open spaces, quiet study areas, and group study rooms. With an abundance of natural light, it is the perfect place to either work individually or collaboratively on campus. The glass walls of the group study rooms feature large-scale images of the local area.
The two levels of the Library provide a mixture of different study and learning environments.
- A welcoming Information Desk
- Informal, social study spaces
- Exhibition space
- Flexible Learning Zone for Library workshops
- Main computer area
- Librarian consultation room
- Relaxed leisure reading area
- Formal and informal group study spaces
- Traditional library, with quiet individual study spaces
- Booths, lounges and large tables for collaborative study
- Terrace Room for large, informal groups
- Terrace for outdoor study
Facts and figures
- Two levels
- Six group study rooms and two consultation rooms, bookable by students using an online booking system.
- Flexible Learning Zone, for use by students when not booked for workshops.
- 56 desktop PCs