COVID-19 and Library Services
Your safety and the safety of our staff is paramount. That's why our buildings are open with limitations.
- Check the opening hours for your campus Library.
- Access to the Libraries will be restricted to current Southern Cross University students and staff: please make sure you have your ID card with you at all times. Entry and exit at Lismore and Gold Coast campus libraries will be by swipe access.
- Alumni are directed to the services available online - see the Alumni page on our website.
- Staff are encouraged to work from areas of the University other than the Libraries, as priority will be given to students for the limited seats and computers available.
Stay safe and healthy
When you are in the Library, you must follow physical distancing guidelines, including when:
- Using our study spaces and computers. Use PC Finder to see how many computers are available.
- Booking and using group study rooms.
By using our Libraries, you agree to:
- Follow all directions in signage or issued by staff
- Use hand sanitiser when entering
- Wash your hands regularly throughout your stay
- Wipe table and keyboard surfaces with disinfectant wipes provided, before and after using equipment
- Maintain 1.5m distance from others and do not move furniture or equipment
- Not approach staff, as face-to-face services are not available
- Not bring or eat hot food in the Library
Stay home if you are feeling unwell, waiting on test results for COVID-19, or you have been asked to self-isolate.
We thank you for your cooperation and understanding during this time.
- Use the Library catalogue to search our online and print collections. Online resources are available 24/7.
- Request an SCU item. Physical items (scholarly materials only) can be requested through the catalogue. Normal borrowing conditions apply. You can choose to collect items from your campus Library, or have them mailed out to you. Please return items using the Reply Paid address below, or on campus through the Library's returns chutes.
- A fines amnesty is currently in place.
- Document Delivery is dependent upon supply from other libraries. We will endeavour to supply requests where possible.
To use the Reply Paid service, please mark your envelope clearly with:
Reply Paid 157
SOUTHERN CROSS UNIVERSITY
PO BOX 157
LISMORE NSW 2480
We have extensive online services available enabling you to continue with your study and research. Please see our Virtual Library Services page for more details.