Collaboration and integration: partnering with the Library
Southern Cross University Librarians will collaborate with teaching staff to help students become information literate. We will assist academics to embed resources into Units so that students can learn to:
- analyse assessment tasks to determine the nature and extent of information needed
- understand the range of relevant information sources available to them
- critically evaluate the information sources they use, e.g. websites
- search effectively for, and find, scholarly literature using Library databases and other tools
- understand the concept of academic integrity and recognise the need for appropriate referencing.
We can help teaching staff to:
- plan and integrate IL programs into the curriculum
- develop and deliver customised training to students that relates directly to Unit assessment tasks
- prepare training that complements the academic skills support offered by the Academic Skills staff
- provide assistance to individuals or small groups by arrangement
- participate in Units via MySCU by providing documents, recordings and other supplementary materials, or by monitoring discussion boards to answer students' queries.
Find out how we can help your students by contacting Your Librarian.