Open Day Scholarship
By entering the Open Day Scholarship (Competition), you (the Entrant) agrees to the following Terms and Conditions:
- All information on ‘how to enter’ forms part of these Terms and Conditions.
- By submitting an entry into the Competition, you warrant that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter is Southern Cross University Southern Cross University, (ABN 41 995 651 524; CRICOS Provider: 01241G) a body corporate incorporated under the Southern Cross University Act 1993 (NSW), of Military Road, East Lismore, NSW 2480, Australia P: 1800 005 687 (the “University”).
- The Promotion commences on (06/05/2021 9:00AM)(AEDT) and will continue until (03/09/2021 5:00pm) (AEDT) (the “Competition Period”).
- Entry is open to Australian Residents.
- Employees and their immediate families of the University are not eligible to enter the Competition.
- Incomplete, illegible or incorrect entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, will not be eligible to win.
- The University reserves the right to verify entries and may disqualify any entrant who does not comply with these terms and conditions.
How to enter
- To enter, Eligible Entrants must complete all fields of the entry form during the Competition Period and enter via scu.edu.au/opendayscholarship or provided printed entry forms.
- Eligible entrants may enter the Competition only once.
You agree and acknowledge
By entering into the Competition, you agree and acknowledge that:
- The University may use your entry and your personal information, including first name, surname, phone, email, postcode, School year (9, 10, 11, 12, not at school) and interested in studying (whether or not it wins a prize) for the University’s promotional purposes.
- The University will keep your personal information in accordance with its Privacy Management Plan
- The University accepts no responsibility for any entries not received for any reason during the Competition Period. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries. The University is not responsible for technical difficulties with the entry mechanism and does not warrant that the entry mechanism will be available at all times.
Winning the prize
- The total prize pool is $15,000 paid over three years at $5000 each year.
- Entrants will be asked to submit a 200 word response or 90 second video on the topic ‘Why do you want to study at Southern Cross University?’ Entrants will have till Friday 3 September, 2021 at 5pm to submit their entry.
- The winning entry will be chosen by a panel of Southern Cross University representatives. The Scholarship will be $5000 a year for three successive years granted to a student who enrols in a degree course. If the student withdraws or defers no payment will be made.
- The winning entry will be notified by the University via email by Friday 10 September 2021. The winner will have their details published on Friday 10 September on scu.edu.au.
- The winner will receive a $15,000 scholarship and will agree to enter into a Scholarship Agreement with Southern Cross University. See Scholarship agreement below.
- If the prize is unclaimed a different entry will be chosen by the panel by Friday 3 December 2021. The winner will be contacted by email within two business days and will have their name published www.scu.edu.au
- The prize is not transferable or exchangeable.
- In all matters, all decisions of the University will be final and cannot be contested. No correspondence or discussions will be entered into.
Southern Cross Unviversity Open Day Scholarship
Southern Cross University (“SCU”) administers the Open Day Scholarship (“Scholarship”). This scholarship is awarded to a student who registered for the Southern Cross University Open Day (2021) and provided a compelling reason for their choice to study a bachelor’s degree at Southern Cross University in 2022 and will commence these studies before 30th June 2022.
The Scholarship is awarded on the basis of the Scholarship Criteria and the Student has been selected by the University as a recipient of the Scholarship.
The Student agrees that as a condition of the award of the Scholarship to the Student, the Student will comply with the set out Terms and Conditions.
“Course” means the degree course specified in item 2 of the Schedule;
“Payment Arrangements” means the payment arrangements for the Scholarship Funds set out in item 4 of the Schedule;
“Publish” means to make available to the public whether in material, digital or electronic forms;
“Schedule” means the schedule attached to these Terms and Conditions;
“Scholarship Conditions” means the conditions of award of the scholarship set out in item 5 of the Schedule;
“Scholarship Criteria” means the criteria for award of the Scholarship as set out in item 6 of the Schedule;
“Scholarship Details” means the scholarship formal name and offering year identified in item 1 of the Schedule;
“Scholarship Donor” means the donor or funder of the Scholarship as identified in item 1 of the Schedule;
“Scholarship Funds” means the money to be paid to the Student as the Scholarship from the University as specified in the item 3 of the Schedule;
“Scholarships Office” means the Student Management Unit, Student Services;
“Student” means the recipient of the Scholarship.
3. Payment of Scholarship
SCU will administer the Scholarship and the payment of the Scholarship Funds through its Scholarships Office.
Subject to the Student complying with his or her obligations under these conditions, SCU will pay to the Student the Scholarship Funds as specified in Item 4 of the Schedule.
4. Scholarship Conditions
The Student must abide by the Scholarship Conditions and all applicable University rules, regulations, policies and statutes.
5. Scholarship Duration
The Scholarship will be provided for a period of three years.
6. Interruption of Scholarship
The Student must not defer or interrupt their scholarship.
7. Termination of Scholarship
If, in the opinion of the University or the Scholarship Donor, the Student fails to abide by or breaches the Scholarship Terms and Conditions, the University may terminate or suspend payment of the Scholarship Funds by written notice to the Student.
If the Student withdraws from enrolment in the Course or if the Scholarship is terminated on or before the “withdrawal without failure” date of any Term or Session of the Course, the Student must repay to the University the Scholarship Funds paid for that Term or Session.
The obligation in previous clauses will survive the expiration or termination of the Scholarship and the Student’s enrolment at the University.
8. Progress Reports
The Student consents to the University providing reports on the Student’s academic progress to the donor each Term or Session for the duration of the Scholarship.
The Student will provide all reasonable information and assistance required by the University to enable the progress reports to be provided to the Scholarship Donor.
9. Consent to Use Image, Name or Testimonial
In accordance with National and State privacy legislatio , including the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (NSW) and the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the Student consents to the University’s request, and permits the University to:
- use and Publish the name and/or testimonial of the Student; and
- take, keep, store, use and Publish photographs of the Student, with or without the name of the Student;
- use any information/date referred to in (a) and (b) above for the purposes of promoting the University;
for up to five years from the date of first publication for the purpose of promoting the Rising Stars Scholarship Program and the University generally.
10. Financial Implications of Scholarship
The University recommends that the Student seeks advice from an accountant or the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) regarding the tax implications of this Scholarship.
Students are required to report Scholarship amounts as income to Centrelink. For taxation purposes, the Scholarship Funds are provided principally for educational purposes.
11. Acceptance of Conditions
In accepting the Scholarship, the Student acknowledges that he/she is accepting these Terms and Conditions.
Failure to meet the requirements of these Terms and Conditions may lead to the termination of the Scholarship.
|Item 1||Scholarship Details and Scholarship Donor||
Scholarship Formal Name Open Day Scholarship
Scholarship Offering Year 2022
Proudly supported by Southern Cross University
|Item 2||Course||Any commonwealth supported bachelor course of a minimum of three year duration undertaken within Australia* commencing in 2022 before the 30th June 2022.
*Excluding any period of approved international exchange.
|Item 3||Scholarship Funds||Scholarship value is as follows
Total value = AUD$15,000 paid out in instalments over 3 years.
|Item 4||Payment Arrangements||The scholarship will pay $5,000 annually for a minimum of 72 credit points of study. Payment will be by instalment to the maximum annual value. The value of any instalment will be determined by how many enrolled credit points for that Term/Session of study.
Scholarship Funds for each Session or Term will be paid by electronic funds transfer (EFT) into the Student’s nominated Australian bank account in week five of the applicable Session or Term.
|Item 6||Scholarship Criteria||
The Student’s selection for the award of the Scholarship was based upon the following criteria:
6.1 Essential Selection Criteria: The recipient must:
6.2 Other Selection Criteria