Orientation Week for International Students
Gold Coast campus operates on Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST).
Lismore, Coffs Harbour, Melbourne, and Sydney operate on Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT).
Discover Southern Cross University Competition
For your chance to win one of five $50 Co-op Vouchers enter the Discover Southern Cross University Competition.
It’s easy and should only take a few minutes. Learn a little about the services that Southern Cross can offer YOU along the way.
Only first year students eligible. 1 entry per person. Entries Open Thursday 15 February and Close 11:59pm (AEDT) Sunday 4th March 2018. Only completed entries will be in the draw. Winners will be notified in Week 1, Session 1, 2018
Session 1 commences on Monday 5 March 2018.
Session 1 Orientation is Monday 26 February to Friday 2 March 2018.
You will find your Orientation programs below. You may also like to take a look at New to Southern Cross University module. This will give you information about the university and help you prepare for university life!
Your orientation week program is designed to assist you with settling in to life in Australia and to prepare you for your studies. We provide a variety of interactive activities to familiarise you with study resources and academic requirements, the online learning environment and student portals, as well as important student support services and resources. Orientation is fun and offers lots of opportunities for you to meet other students and people in the broader community.
- Gold Coast Undergraduate Orientation - Session 1 2018
- Gold Coast Postgraduate Orientation - Session 1 2018
- Coffs Harbour and NMSC Orientation - Session 1 2018
- Lismore Orientation - Session 1 2018
- SCU Sydney Orientation - Session 1 2018
- SCU Melbourne Orientation - Session 1 2018
- SCU Perth Orientation - Session 1 2018
Four steps to prepare for Orientation week
- Log in to your Student Welcome Service and complete the lessons — your login details were emailed to you with your pre-arrival information.
- If you have not yet arrived in Australia, please go to Arriving in Australia for important information about our greeting service and to find out how to book short stay and long stay accommodation.
- Additional information about Living in Australia including local transport, shopping, health services and safety will help you get settled
- Bring your passport (and any dependent information) on the first day of Orientation as identification for registration and Student ID card purposes.