Property Services oversee the management of parking, permit programs, pool vehicles and fleet for Southern Cross University.
Parking is FREE at all campuses and is available on a ‘search and find’ basis. There is no parking guarantee, particularly on our campuses with car parking restrictions and the first four weeks of Session 1, our busiest times.
Coffs Harbour Education Campus (CHEC): Two student car parks located on the right-hand side of the campus at the Hogbin Drive entrance. In addition, there are marked staff and visitor allocations across the campus. CHEC Parking Policy
National Marine Science Centre (NMSC): A staff only car park available on Level 3 NMSC can be accessed off Bay Drive using a swipe access card. Students are asked to park along Bay Drive & Aquarium car park.
Gold Coast Campus: 1,050 spaces surround our three buildings. Additionally, street parking is available within 15 minutes walk of the campus, some of which have time limit restrictions, so please be sure to check street signage.
Lismore Campus: Parking is available at every entrance and line every street; there are marked staff, bus and loading bay allocations across the campus.
All staff, students and tenants should apply for a parking permit to ensure their vehicles are safe and not at risk of being towed - Parking Permit Program.
Additional Documentation: Mobility Parking Scheme
For information on travelling to campus including public transport options, cycling, walking and carpooling, go to the Travel to SCU page.
Drivers are required to observe the rules as they would on any public street and parking restrictions apply as signposted.
Southern Cross University is a restricted parking area. Roadways and parking areas within the University are “roads and road-related areas” for the purposes of both the New South Wales and Queensland Road Rules and the Road Transport Legislation.
(NSW) Vehicles that are not parked in accordance with signage or the Road Rules shall be liable to the issue of a penalty notice, issued under the Self Enforcement Infringement Notice Scheme (SEINS). The penalty notice is currently processed by the State Debt Recovery Office, New South Wales Government. Fines are set by the State of New South Wales. A penalty notice will be given in accordance with Self Enforcement Infringement Notice Scheme requirements. An appeal against a penalty notice can be made to the Director, State Debt Recovery Office, New South Wales Government.
(QLD) Vehicles that are not parked in accordance with Queensland road rules and signage, you may receive a penalty/fine. These are issued by the Queensland Police Service and authorised officers from local councils using a traffic infringement penalty notice.
Rules and information on parking at a SCU Campus:
- Drivers park on campus at their own risk.
- You must park vehicle within marked bays.
- The following offences may result in an infringement notice being issued:
- Parking in locations not designated as parking spaces; this includes lawns, gardens, footpaths, roadways, loading zones or zones marked as ‘no parking’;
- Parking in a disabled space without displaying the correct permit;
- Parking in bays marked for use by buses or taxis;
- Parking in any reserved space without authority;
- Causing an obstruction or safety concern;
- No Student Parking on Lismore Campus between the hours of 8am & 5pm, Mon-Fri;
- Students and Staff parking in a designated visitor/clinic patient carpark;
- Parking on any roadway without authority;
- Parking in a motorcycle parking space (unless motorcycle).
- There may be occasions when you will be requested not to enter Campus or to relocate your vehicle. Please ensure you comply with any instructions issued by Security.
- Motorcycle details must be registered but are not required to display a permit if it is at risk of falling off.
Note: The Security Office will provide an after hours escort to your vehicle if required.
If you require assistance or advice please contact the Security Office on 6620 3316 or 6620 3476.
Coffs Harbour: Please be aware parking in any of the car parks that are reserved for staff, visitors, disabled or other restricted parking (as signed) may result in a penalty/fine.
National Marine Science Centre: Please be aware parking in any of the car parks that are reserved for staff, visitors, disabled or other restricted parking (as signed) may result in a penalty/fine.
Gold Coast: The campus is located on land leased from the Gold Coast Airport. Wilson’s Security manages parking on behalf of the Gold Coast Airport and has the authority to issue infringements to cars parked contrary to signage.
Lismore: The campus is a restricted parking area as defined by NSW Road and Transport legislation. Please be aware parking contrary to signage may result in a fine.
Two free EV charging stations are available at all campuses, locations outline below. Parking is provided for charging only and vehicles should be relocated once charged.
Coffs Harbour Education campus - car park below the Library building.
Gold Coast campus - directly in front of the Marque between Buildings A and C.
Lismore campus - next to the Security Gatehouse (Military Road entrance).