Parking Permit Program
Staff, Students and Tenants should display a Parking Permit on their vehicle dash if they wish to park on University grounds.
Only one Parking Permit is issued to each applicant. You are allowed to nominate a second vehicle if you own multiple or share transport with your partner/family however the details of the second vehicle must be included in your parking permit application otherwise swapping between vehicles is strictly prohibited.
To apply for an SCU Parking Permit, please complete the online application form below - strictly one application per person. This form will request the following details:
- Your Name and Contact Details
- Staff or Student ID Number
- Vehicle Make, Model, Colour and Registration
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, if you fit into any of the categories below and are attending our campuses you need to apply for a parking permit.
- SCU Students
- SCU Staff
- Tenant Staff (Prema House, Living School, Trinity, TAFE, Cafes etc.)
- Trinity Year 11 & 12 Students
- Contracted Contractor for ongoing preventative maintenance works
If you do not display a parking permit while attending campus our team and security are unable to assist or provide additional security measures.
After successfully completing your application for a Parking Permit, please present to one of the following collection locations:
- Gold Coast: Building A Student Services Hub
- Lismore: X Block Student Services Hub
- Coffs Harbour: M Block Student Services Hub
- National Marine Science Centre: NMSC Level 3 Reception
Exceptions are applicable for Year 11&12 Trinity Students and Contractors:
- Contractors: Please present to the Property Services Office at Lismore or Gold Coast. Alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Trinity High School Year 11 & 12 Students: Please present to the Trinity Library.
Some benefits to displaying a parking permit on your vehicle include:
- Free access to parking at all SCU campuses, including NMSC and CHEC which are restricted
- Additional security features
- Additional security assistance
- Should an incident occur while you are onsite, security can assist immediately without delay
Please email email@example.com and provide a brief explanation along with your new details. A member of the team will then update your registration accordingly and inform you when the changes are finalised.
Note: if you are wanting vehicle details updated make sure you provide the make, model, colour and registration of the vehicle.
If there is a reason for concern or the vehicle is parked inappropriately it may be reported by Campus Security and towed.
By displaying a parking permit Campus Security can reach out to the driver regarding their concerns before taking any further action.
No. Visitors and short-term visits from off-shore or remote staff/students do not require parking permits.
If you are found sharing your Parking Permit with a vehicle which does not match your application, Campus Security will contact you to confirm the owner of the car and the situation which has resulted in the Parking Permit being displayed on an unknown vehicle.
No, you will not receive a confirmation email.
Please present to your nearest collection location. They will disable your current parking permit and issue you a replacement.
No. If you are onsite for numerous weeks/months then we would need you to apply however if it is only for a day or two then it is not required.