We're committed to keeping our students, staff and visitors safe.
Coffs Harbour campus
Phone: (02) 6659 3091
Freecall: 1800 004 357 from any campus phone
Location: A Block, Ground Floor and is manned 7am - 11pm weekdays. The phone is manned 24hrs-a-day.
Gold Coast campus
Phone: (07) 5589 3288
Emergency Phones: adjacent to lifts on every floor
Location: Building A, Ground Floor and is manned 24hrs-a-day/7 days-a-week
Phone: (02) 6620 3628
Emergency Phones: in every block
Location: Gatehouse, Military Road entrance and is manned 24hrs-a-day/7 days-a-week
National Marine Science Centre
Phone: 1300 550 688
Daytime Phone: 1800 422 226 and follow prompts to your campus
After Hours: 0424 729 847
The Hotel School - Melbourne
Phone: 0425 363 644
The Hotel School - Sydney
Phone: (02) 8249 3200
After Hours: 000 (Emergency Services)
Staying safe on campus
- There is a Security Office at each campus where you can report incidents, enquire about lost property and use it as a safe and handy meeting point or wait for a taxi pick up at night.
- Program the security number for your campus on your mobile phone.
- Students keep your contact details up to date in My Enrolment and staff advise HR of any changes to ensure we can contact you and your nominated emergency if required.
- Be alert, assertive and confident.
- Try and walk with other people rather than alone.
- Keep your money and wallet in your front pocket and keep your bag in front of you.
- Be aware of your surroundings and report anything unusual and suspicious to Security.
- At night stay in well-lit areas, where there are lots of people.
Coffs Harbour campus: Security can be contacted 24 hours a day on (02) 6659 3091 or freecall from any campus phone 1800 004 357
Gold Coast campus: Ring or text Security 24 hours a day on 0439 540 868
Lismore campus: Held in Gatehouse at Military Road entrance
Other emergency numbers
- Police/Fire/Ambulance: 000
- SCU After-Hours Counselling Line: 1300 782 676