Why undertake an Honours or PhD at Southern Cross GeoScience?
Southern Cross GeoScience has Honours and PhD research projects available and we are seeking bright and energetic researchers to join our successful team.
Our researchers are talented individuals, steeped in the knowledge of their core focus in environmental geochemistry and adept at understanding and working with others from different fields and cultural backgrounds. Our expertise is demonstrated by SCU's top rank of 5 (well above world-class) in 0402 Geochemistry in the Australian governments Excellence in Research Assessment (ERA).
We are committed to provide our students with expert knowledge and practical experiences that equip them for their future roles as leaders in their discipline and community. Our post-graduate PhD and Honours projects are embedded in cutting-edge research that answers unsolved questions and applies knowledge in new, creative and practical ways.
- Atmosphere and culture that embraces discovery.
- Great people. Passionate and talented supervisors.
- Amazing team. We will ensure that we provide incentives for sharing, collaborating and building relationships across senior researchers, post-doctoral researchers, PhD students and research assistants.
- Topical research, many projects with Industry Partners.
- Access to world-class laboratories with specialist equipment.
- Well resourced projects as SCGS has significant ARC and Industry funding.
- Gain experience with the use of cutting-edge tools applied to geochemical process measurements, field contexts, experimental manipulations, comparative studies and budgets.
- The opportunity to work on a diversity of projects in a wide variety of different natural environments and topics.
- Get out of the city rat-race. Southern Cross GeoScience is based at Southern Cross Universiy's Lismore Campus in northern NSW, Australia. The region is a great place to live with a sub-tropical climate, some of the best beaches and surfing spots in the world and there are also great fishing, scuba diving, and wilderness areas nearby. The quality of life is very high and the cost of living relatively low making the Scholarships worth more in real terms.
- Interested applicants should contact the Administering Director, Professor Anja Scheffers, to discuss potential projects: email@example.com.