Postgraduate Training Program in Plant Science Innovation
The Postgraduate Training Program (PTP) aims to provide students with enhanced skills and knowledge for future,world-class leadership in academia or industry. The PTP is open to Masters or Doctorate (PhD) students in the area of plantscience. Download Postgraduate Training Program in Plant Science brochure.
Research projects on offer will address: food security, nutrition, crop adaptation to climate change, agricultural soils,agronomy, pre-breeding, abiotic stress tolerance, and crop genetic diversity.
Participating in the PTP in Plant Science Innovation will place your research in a regional and global context, providing a strong foundation for your future career. Acquiring a wider range of skills will ensure your place at the forefront of graduates who can drive change in the world through their depth and breadth of knowledge.
Dynamic Environment for HDR Student Training
In addition to acquiring specialist research skills, you will participate in training including workshops in scientific writing, data and information management, statistics, bioinformatics and lab management. Participation in a JournalClub and presentations in Research Centre and University science seminars will give experience in scientific presentation and critical thinking. Opportunities for short-term work integrated learning (internships) will also be available.
Benefits of the Postgraduate Training Program
- Specialist research skills and knowledge in a chosen scientific field.
- A higher degree education and the skill-set to translate the value of your research.
- Elevated preparedness for post-degree professional life in academia or industry.
- Portfolio of participation formally acknowledging completion of training elements.
- Monitoring scheme that ensures each student is making satisfactory progress, receiving adequate supervision and is completing requirements of the training program.
Associate Professor Bronwyn Barkla
Southern Cross Plant Science
Southern Cross University
PO Box 157
Lismore NSW 2480 Australia
- MSc: 1257251
- PhD: 1407253