ERA 2018 Journal List Consultation
DUE DATE 16 March 2017
Download consultation submission form
The Australian Research Council has opened the ERA 2018 Journal List Consultation for universities. The consultation closes on the 16 March 2017.
The Draft ERA 2018 Journal List is designed for the sole purpose of supporting the ERA 2018. The list defines journals that are eligible for submission by institutions.
The journal consultation process occurs in three stages:
- University consultation and consolidation of the suggested changes.
- Peak bodies and disciplinary groups will review this consolidated list. The peak bodies and academic groups will be responsible for making recommendations to the ARC regarding the final determination of the ERA 2018 journals.
- The ARC will review comments and finalise the ERA 2018 journal list.
The university consultation stage provides an opportunity for universities to give feedback on the Draft ERA 2018 Journal List. It is an opportunity to request changes to existing ERA journals and/or submit new journals that meet the eligibility criteria for consideration as part of the ERA 2018 Journal List development process.
For inclusion in the Draft ERA 2018 Journal List, the journal must meet all of the following criteria:
- Was active during the ERA 2018 reference period for research outputs (1 January 2011 - 31 December 2016)
- Is academic/scholarly
- Has peer review policies acceptable to the discipline
- Has one or more ISSNs
- Has evidence of an ERA eligible article in the research outputs reference period
Process for submissions
- Review the draft ERA 2018 Journal List - hyperlink
- Complete and submit the form - hyperlink. The form captures comments for existing journals and also recommendations for new journals.
- Individuals cannot submit directly to the Australian Research Council
- All comments or recommendations have to be submitted to the ERA Liaison Officer, Peter Barnard , who is responsible to submit on behalf of the university.