Resource Links for Funding & Contracts
Funding General Resources
- Australian Competitive Grants Register (ACGR) - list of Category 1 grants.
Applications for the schemes listed in the ACGR are exempt from the Southern Cross University infrastructure fee.
- Project Pre-approval Form - this pdf form (completed with all details and signed by your Head of School or Research Centre Director) must accompany all external grant applications.
- Compliance Checklist
- New Funding Opportunities Newsletter (pdf)
- Grant Application Process Flowchart (pdf)
- Southern Cross University EB Salary rates for budget preparation - see the HR website Pay, Conditions and Benefits
- Developing a Budget
- Grant Income Categories
- Fields of Research Codes (FoR)
- Socio-economic Objective Codes (SEO)
- The Art of Grantsmanship - Guidelines and Hints by Emeritus Professor Peter Baverstock
- Overview of industry schemes
Australian Research Council (ARC) Resources
Instructions to Applicants
Sample Application Forms
To obtain ARC Grant Guidelines (formerly known as Funding Rules) for all schemes under the ARC’s National Competitive Grants Program (NCGP), please create a login with GrantConnect (https://www.grants.gov.au/). For more information, go to https://www.arc.gov.au/grants/grantconnect-australian-governments-grant-information-system.
- Project Pre-approval form examples - completed example forms for ARC applications
- How to get an RMS Logon
- ARC Requirement - Data management
- ARC College of Experts - details of panel members
- Linkage Projects
- Examples of successful ARC Linkage Project grant applications - please contact the Grants Team
- Writing Successful ARC Linkage Proposals
- Linkage Infrastructure, Equipment and Facilities (LIEF) Projects
- Discovery Projects
- Writing Successful ARC Discovery Proposals
- Discovery Indigenous Projects
- DECRA Projects
- Writing Successful ARC DECRA Proposals