Neil Leiper Tourism Honours Scholarship
This scholarship which provides a stipend of up to $5000 is named in honour of Professor Neil Leiper (obit). Now sadly passed away, Professor Leiper was a key figure in the field of tourism studies and a respected academic of Southern Cross University.
The Professor Neil Leiper Tourism Honours Scholarship is awarded to outstanding students studying the Bachelor of Business in Tourism and Hospitality Management with Honours degree full time in the School of Business and Tourism. It is expected that successful students will complete a study which addresses a topic related to the broad theme of tourism management.
Complete application online through My Enrolment.
Up to 2
Between $1000 and $5000 (value to be paid out over two payments — one payment in Session one and the other in the second half of the year.).
See Information for Recipients for details about general conditions and payments.
Course of study
Formal acceptance into the Bachelor of Business in Tourism and Hospitality Management with Honours program at Lismore, Gold Coast, The Hotel School Sydney, Coffs Harbour or studying online.
- Formal acceptance into the Bachelor of Business in Tourism and Hospitality Management with Honours program.
- Applicants to indicate their proposed Honours research proposal topic utilising the prescribed School of Business and Tourism Honours Research proposal template, accompanied by their CV.
- The recipient is to undertake their Honours program on a full-time basis either on-campus (internal) or via distance education.
- Short listed applicants may be required to participate in an interview.
- To receive the second instalment or the scholarship, the recipient must maintain a credit average. Payment shall be made upon successful submission of the Honours Thesis.