Peter Baverstock Research Career Path Honours Scholarship 2018
This scholarship, which provides a stipend of $5000 pa, is named in honour of Professor Peter Baverstock.
Professor Baverstock was an academic at Southern Cross University from 1988 to 2007, during which time, as Dean and Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research), he was responsible for the establishment and growth of research and research training at the University.
Although himself a scientist specialising in molecular genetics, he was passionate about all research endeavours, and passionate about research training.
The purpose of this scholarship is to encourage bright undergraduates to undertake an Honours research program with a view towards a career in research via the PhD.
Complete application online through My Enrolment. Closes 31 December 2017.
Course of study
Any Honours course at Southern Cross University at Lismore, Gold Coast, Coffs Harbour or The National Marine Science Centre.
$5000 (two payments of $2500 per session).
See Information for Recipients for details about general conditions and payments.
- Demonstrated outstanding academic performance in their undergraduate study (i.e. Distinction average is expected).
- Provision of a 100-word statement outlining their passion for research and commitment to developing a research career path.
- Explanation of Honours research topic and why it is significant in a one to two page proposal. Applicants should explain how their research topic is aligned to one of the University's areas of research expertise.
- Enrolment full-time and on-campus in an Honours program.
- Short-listed applicants may be required to attend an interview.
- Students wishing to defer their Honours year are ineligible.