Rebecca Coyle Memorial Scholarship in the Creative Arts
This scholarship celebrates the creative arts. Dr Coyle was well known for her support of creative studies and this scholarship provides an opportunity for a student to develop their own knowledge of the creative process through undertaking an Honours year. The scholarship is awarded to an outstanding student undertaking the Bachelor Arts with Honours in a creative arts discipline (Contemporary Music, Media, or Art and Design) at Southern Cross University.
This scholarship was last offered in 2021.
$5000 (two payments of $2500 once in each of Sessions 1 and 2) for full time students or $2500 each year for part-time students..
See Information for Recipients for details about general conditions and payments.
Course of study
Enrolled into Bachelor of Arts with Honours in the Contemporary Music, Media or Art and Design disciplines either full-time or part-time at Lismore, or studying online.
Candidates must be:
- Enrolled into a Bachelor of Arts with Honours in 2021 in the Contemporary Music, Media, or Arts and Design disciplines either full-time or part-time.
- Australian citizens or permanent resident including permanent humanitarian visa holders.
- Students cannot currently be a recipient of another Honours Scholarship.
Candidates must provide:
- Evidence of undergraduate academic record.
- Research proposal (see below).
Applications will be evaluated on:
- The applicant’s Grade Point Average for their coursework bachelor degree.
- A 1–2-page (maximum) research proposal (see guidelines on preparing a proposal at SASS Honours).
- How clearly and coherently the proposal explains the research background, focus, objectives and method.