Waste to Profit Scholarship 2018–2019
The Centre for Coastal Biogeochemistry, in partnership with Southern Cross Plant Science, is offering Honours scholarships to undertake projects looking at the transformation of wastes into profit. More specifically we are seeking motivated students to perform research looking at developing techniques to convert organic wastes into energy through methane production, and to look at thermal treatment of organic wastes as a way of producing soil amendment products.
Complete application online through My Enrolment.
- Closes 13 October for Session 3, 2018
- Closes 13 March for Session 1, 2019
$5000 per year for 1 year two payments of $2,500 each first after Census date.
See Information for recipients for details about general conditions and payments.
Course of study
Bachelor of Science with Honours, Lismore campus preferable, full-time candidature preferable.
Applicants applying for the Waste to Profit Honours Scholarship must have applied for admission to Bachelor of Science with Honours in 2018 or 2019.
Selection will be based on:
- Applicants must satisfy the universities criteria for entry into the Honours program. See School of Environment, Science and Engineering’s Honours Information page.
- Applicants will need to provide:
- A copy of their Academic record demonstrating a history of excellence
- A recent copy of their Resumé/CV
- A cover letter explaining their interest in transforming Waste to Profits.
- Shortlisted candidates may be required to attend an interview.
International Students are encouraged to discuss this scholarship with their Southern Cross University Student Advisor.