FSG Geotechnics & Foundation Indigenous Scholarship
This scholarship offers support to an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander student studying Bachelor of Engineering Systems (Honours), majoring in Civil Engineering with a passion for geotechnical engineering.
See Applying for a scholarship for details on application process.
$15,000.00 in total paid as $5,000 per year for up to 3 years.
See Information for Recipients for details about general conditions and payments.
Course of study
Enrolled at Southern Cross University (part-time or full-time) either on-campus or online. Both: Lismore and Gold Coast campus students should apply.
- Bachelor of Engineering Systems (Honours) majoring in Civil Engineering.
Applicants applying for this scholarship must:
- Identify as being Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander or both and be of Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent;
- Be Australian citizens or permanent residents of Australia.
- Be enrolled (full-time or part time) with Southern Cross University either on campus or online.
- Studying the Bachelor of Engineering Systems (Honours) majoring in Civil Engineering.
- The standard of their Personal Introductory Statement (100–200 words) which includes why they are applying for the scholarship, how it would benefit them and what they hope to achieve in the future through the completion of their chosen degree.
- Selection will be looking for a passion for Engineering and an interest in becoming a Geotechnicnical Engineer as a branch of civil engineering post-graduation.
- Selection will also consider the standard of response to the general scholarship application questions.
- Candidates previous academic history or other meritorious achievements may be considered as part of the selection process.
- Students may need to undertake an interview.
FSG Geotechnics & Foundation may also offer a graduate position to their scholarship recipient. Students may be given the opportunity to undertake paid work (graduate employment) post completion of their studies if the student so chooses. This would be negotiated between the student and FSG Geotechnics & Foundations directly.