Indigenous Australian Student Services Scholarship
The Indigenous Australian Student Services (IASS) Scholarships are designed to support those students who might otherwise struggle to meet the cost of studies and who are not in current receipt of support through the Indigenous Commonwealth Education Costs Scholarships scheme or similar schemes.
Students must be enrolled in their study program for the session or study period for the current offer round at the time of selection and will be required to remain enrolled past relevant the study period/session census date.
Apply online. Applications close 6 July 2021.
$2500 single payment for students studying the equivalent of 3 or more units (minimum 36 credit points).
$1250 single payment for students studying the equivalent of 1 to 2 units (mimimum 12 credit points)
See Information for recipients for details about general conditions and payments.
Course of study
Any course of study at Southern Cross University.
Applicants for the Indigenous Australian Student Services Scholarship must be an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander in accordance with the Commonwealth definition studying any program at Southern Cross University.
- The selection committee will look at responses to the following criteria as part of the selection process.
- How you would benefit from the Scholarship?
- What are your career goals and aspirations?
- For those who choose to, there will be an opportunity to describe a proud/positive aspect of your life
- Students on a current Southern Cross University or Commonwealth scholarship in the respective study session will have limited eligibility. Part-time students who are receiving Indigenous Commonwealth Education Costs Scholarships are ineligible for the IASS scholarship. Full-time students are ineligible if they are receiving an accommodation scholarship.