Indigenous Enabling Commonwealth Education Costs Scholarship
Complete the online application via UAC.
- Session 1, 2020 applications close 2 January, 2020.
To be advised.
Course of study
Preparing for Success, any campus, and studying full-time (part-time may be considered).
$1,363.50 one-off payment (2019 value, indexed annually).
See Information for recipients for details about general conditions and payments.
Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander status
For the purposes of the assessment of Indigenous commonwealth scholarship, a person will be considered to be an Indigenous person where:
- Is of Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent and
- Identifies as an Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and
- Is accepted as an Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander in the community in which he/she lives or has lived.
Applicants must be an Australian Citizen.
Low socio-economic status
Applicants must meet the criteria for low socio-economic status by demonstrating one of the following:
- Receiving or expecting to receive a Centrelink means-tested income support payment (such as ABSTUDY, Disability Support Pension, Parenting Payment Single, Carer Payment etc.)
- Provide evidence of exception financial hardship
- Dependent students aged between 16-20 years whose parent/guardian was in receipt of Family Tax Benefit (FTB) Part A for the applicant in the year before commencing studies at SCU.
You are not eligible for consideration if you:
- Already hold a bachelor's degree or higher level award, unless the award you hold is a prerequisite to the course you are enrolled in (or will be enrolled in).
- Will be receiving a Student Start-Up Scholarship in 2016 or a Centrelink Income-contingent loan.