Supports an international student currently studying at Southern Cross University or another Australian university wanting to progress from an undergraduate to a postgraduate qualification or from two consecutive sessions of study abroad to a full degree at Southern Cross University.
Follow the instructions on the Advancement Scholarship Application which you can find on SCU International’s downloads page.
$8,000 maximum fee reduction for your first scholarship year.
For continuing scholarship year/s the value is merit based and calculated on the previous scholarships year’s course GPA (across your 8 units* completed):
- Course GPA 4.0 to 5.4 - $5000
- Course GPA 5.5 to 7.0 - $8000
Please note that your payments will be applied per unit to the maximum scholarship amount for that scholarship year.
A Scholarship year is based on consecutive teaching periods of six Terms or three Sessions.
*3007303 BN(EN) only required to complete 7 units in first year due to course structure.
Course of study
Any undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree at either the Gold Coast, Lismore or Coffs Harbour campus.
Students wishing to apply for the Advancement Scholarship are required to satisfy the following criteria:
- Apply to study full-time (8 units per year), full undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree at either the Gold Coast, Lismore of Coffs Harbour campus.
- Completed either:
- An undergraduate or postgraduate degree at Southern Cross University.
- Two sessions of Study Abroad at Southern Cross University.
- Meet the minimum admission requirements of the University.
- Undergraduate entry: A qualification equivalent to Australian Year 12 and the required entry grade for the program for which they have applied; and English language comparable to Academic IELTS 6.0 overall with no band less than 5.5.*
- Postgraduate entry: A qualification equivalent to an Australian Bachelor degree; and English language comparable to Academic IELTS 6.5*.
- For continuing scholarship year/s the value is merit based and calculated on the previous scholarships year’s course GPA (across your 8 units* completed):
- Course GPA 4.0 to 5.5 — $5000
- Course GPA 5.5 to 7.0 — $8000
* Please note variations may apply for certain courses please refer to course-search.scu.edu.au and check the admission requirements