Coffs Harbour City Council Engineering Scholarship
The Coffs Harbour City Council Scholarship will support an undergraduate Civil Engineering student at Southern Cross University. The student must have completed their first year in the Bachelor of Engineering, Honours (Civil Engineering) and be ready to commence their second year of full-time study in 2021.
Complete application online through My Enrolment. Closes 30 January 2022.
Note: scholarships are referred to as ‘Rewards’ in My Enrolment:
- Go to My Enrolment
- Select Rewards
- Select the Find a Reward, Scholarship or Prize button on the Rewards Summary page
- Select 2022 as the Offering Year
- Choose the Select button next to the Reward you wish to apply for
- Select the Apply button next to the relevant offering period for the Reward you wish to apply for
Course of study
Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Civil Engineering.
In 2022 the minimum value to the student will be $8000.00. This scholarship is likely to continue until the recipient graduates. The successful recipient will receive support in the form of reimbursement of study related costs and be offered a range of internship experiences (some paid) with Coffs Harbour City Council. The scholarship does include a period of 12 months leave in 2024 from the degree at which time the student will be employed full-time by Coffs Harbour Council.
The scholarship applicant must:
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Have successfully completed the first year (first 96 credit points) of either the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Civil Engineering or the Bachelor of Engineering Systems (Honours) undertaking the Civil Engineering specialisation and
- Be enrolled full-time (minimum of 72 credit points in 2022) in the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Civil Engineering or the Bachelor of Engineering Systems (Honours) undertaking the Civil Engineering specialisation.
The recipient will be chosen on the basis of the following:
- A preference will be given, but not limited, to applicants who can demonstrate a connection with the Coffs Harbour Local Government Area.
- The standard of an applicant’s academic record.
- An evaluation of the responses to the scholarship application questions.
- Shortlisted applicants may be interviewed in order to determine the eventual recipient.