Ballina Shire Council Scholarship
Ballina Shire Council has been supporting Ballina residents in their SCU studies for a number of years.
The scholarship recipient is likely to be a recent high school leaver studying at Lismore campus. However, any Ballina resident commencing undergraduate study for the first time is encouraged to apply.
This was last offered in 2020.
$5000 per year for 3 years.
See Information for recipients for details about general conditions and payments.
Course of study
Any undergraduate degree on-campus at SCU. But preference will be given to commencing students at the Lismore campus then either Coffs Harbour or Gold Coast.
Applicants applying for the Ballina Shire Council Scholarship must be Australian citizens or permanent residents. They must reside within the Ballina Shire and will be commencing full-time undergraduate studies at Southern Cross University in 2020. Selection will be based on:
- The student enrolling to study full-time on-campus.
- Must be undertaking a full-time undergraduate degree at the Southern Cross University Lismore campus in 2020. Consideration will also be given to undergraduates studying at the Gold Coast and Coffs Harbour campuses.
- It is preferable that the recipient completed High School in 2019 and/or is an Australian indigenous student.
- The selection committee will also consider the standard of your response to the general scholarship application questions.
- In addition, a student’s experience of disadvantage may be considered.