Creative Arts Scholarships
The Creative Arts Scholarships help eligible students in regional and remote areas of Australia access a Bachelor level degree in creative arts. The scholarships also give students, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students, more opportunities towards a career in Australia’s vibrant creative arts industry.
Apply online via QTAC
NOTE You do not need a QTAC application to apply for these scholarships.
Up to $18,000.00 for a four-year scholarship. See QTAC’s Rural and Regional Enterprise Sscholarship (RRES) Program for more details.
Course of study
It supports people studying Bachelor degree level studies in Creative Arts. Scholarships support flexible study arrangements, and are available to eligible students:
- commencing a new bachelor degree level course of study in Creative Arts in 2021.
- Eligible courses at Southern Cross University would be:
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Art and Design
- Bachelor of Contemporary Music
- Bachelor of Digital Media
- studying on-campus or online
- studying from six months full-time up to eight years part-time
To be considered for a Creative Arts Scholarship, you must meet all the eligibility criteria below:
- You must be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, holder of a permanent humanitarian visa, or a New Zealand citizen living in Australia.
- Have commenced the first year of your Eligible Course of Study in 2021.
- Your permanent home address must be in a regional or remote area as defined by the Australian Statistical Geography Standard (ASGS). To check if your home address is in an eligible regional or remote area:
- Visit http://www.doctorconnect.gov.au/internet/otd/publishing.nsf/Content/locator
- In the “Search the Map” section enter your full permanent home address
- Choose the “ASGS Remoteness Area (2016)” checkbox under the “Australia Bureau of Statistics remoteness classifications” section.
- Check which classification area your permanent address is located in on the interactive map. (You can zoom in on your location).
- To be eligible for Creative Arts Scholarship you must be located within a RA 2–5 classification.
- Applicants must not have relocated to a major city more than 3 months prior to commencing their chosen course of study.
Your application will be assessed on two main selection criteria:
- Financial Need: You will need to provide documentary evidence to demonstrate financial need. A full definition of financial need can be found at Rural and Regional Enteprise Scholasrhip Program Selection Criteria.
- Capability: You must provide a written response describing:
- A past educational achievement; AND/OR
- A work achievement; AND/OR
- Other achievements that help to demonstrate your ability to undertake your Eligible Course of Study.