Far North Coast Law Society Scholarship
Far North Coast Law Society has been supporting Far North Coast residents in their SCU studies for a number of years.
See Applying for a scholarship for more information.
Course of study
Studying on-campus at Coffs Harbour, Gold Coast or online in the Bachelor of Laws (or Law double degrees).
$2500 per year for 1 year.
In addition, successful recipients will become honorary members of the Far North Coast Law Society for the duration of their Scholarship.
See Information for recipients for details about general conditions and payments.
Applicants applying for the Far North Coast Law Society Scholarship must be
- Australian citizens, permanent residents or holders of a permanent humanitarian visa
- reside within the boundaries of Tweed Heads (North), Yamba (South), and Casino (West).
- qualify for admission or be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate Laws degree at Southern Cross University.
Applications will be evaluated on:
- Preference will be given to students who indicate a high likelihood of remaining in the area to practice law following graduation.
- Candidates will be ranked according to their academic performance and on the basis of information provided in response to the general scholarship application questions.
- Preference will be given to new or continuing students who originated, grew up or attended school in the region — Tweed Heads (North), Yamba (South) and Casino (West);