Mary Dent Music Scholarship 2019
The Mary Dent Music Scholarship supports talented Musicians in their study of the Bachelor of Contemporary Music degree at Southern Cross University, a course which equips graduates for a range of careers in the music industry and reflects the diverse creative practices that are part of music-making in the 21st century.
Complete the 2019 SCU Scholarship Application by 20 December 2018.
$2500 per year for up to three years. Total value is $7500.
See Information for Recipients for details about general conditions and payments.
Course of study
Commencing and continuing students in Bachelor of Contemporary Music. Lismore campus only.
Applicants for the Mary Dent Music Scholarship must be Australian citizens or permanent residents commencing or continuing study in the Bachelor of Contemporary Music degree at SCU’s Lismore campus and selection based on:
- Applicants must be either a current Year 12 student of St John's Woodlawn College enrolling to study a Bachelor of Contemporary Music at Southern Cross University; or a former student of St John’s Woodlawn College enrolling or already enrolled to study the Bachelor of Contemporary Music (this criteria is not applicable in the award of early scholarships).
- Applicants must be accepted into the Bachelor of Contemporary Music degree at Southern Cross University's Lismore campus in order to be eligible for this scholarship.
- Applicants must show evidence of strong academic performance.
- Applicants should demonstrate evidence of personal maturity and social responsibility through contributions to the community and by the comments of the school/college.
- The selection committee may also consider the students commitment their musical studies as a part of the selection process.
- Generally applicants will be required to study full-time and on-campus.
- Shortlisted applicants may also be required to attend an interview.