Peter Gordon Jurd Memorial Scholarship
The Peter Gordon Jurd Memorial Scholarship will support one student for a minimum of three years in their journey towards a full bachelor degree at Southern Cross University.
Submit your personal statement by 6 March 2019. Further detail below under Selection Criteria.
Course of study
Any course of undergraduate study at Southern Cross University commencing in 2019.
$15,000 paid over 3 years (2 × instalments of $2,500 each year).
See Information for recipients for details about general conditions and payments.
Applicants for the Peter Gordon Jurd Memorial Scholarship:
- Must be an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander student,
- Must be studying an undergraduate degree full-time at Southern Cross University commencing in 2019.
- Applicants with a learning disability (dyslexia) are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants can supply a personal introductory statement that may describe achievements and evidence of persistence including overcoming personal obstacles and/or challenges (up to 100 words).
- Applicants can submit their application in writing, by audio/video or a portfolio displaying a range of work and accomplishments such as artwork, photographs, creative story writing, reports and letters of support from sporting, artistic or personal mentors.
Supporting documentation can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:Scholarships
Student Administration Services
PO Box 157
Lismore, NSW, 2474
Alternatively, applications can be hand-delivered to Student Services or IASS reception at any of the main campuses of Southern Cross University — Lismore, Coffs Harbour or the Gold Coast (Bilinga).