Rous County Council Scholarship
The Rous Water Scholarship is likely to support an undergraduate student from the Faculty of Science and Engineering at Southern Cross University. The student must be a resident of one of the constituent shires in the Rous Water area of management — Lismore City, Ballina, Byron Bay and Richmond Valley. Preference will be for an Engineering student. Future students commencing their studies in 2022 are encouraged to apply as are current continuing students.
See Applying for a scholarship for more information.
Course of study
Any undergraduate student from the Faculty of Science and Engineering.
$5000 (two payments of $2500 per session).
See Information for recipients for details about general conditions and payments.
Applicants applying for the Rous County Council Scholarship must
- be Australian citizens or permanent residents including Permanent Humanitarian Visa holders.
- be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate course in the Faculty of Science and Engineering .
- be studying on-campus
- reside in one of the Rous Water’s constituent Council areas (i.e. Ballina Shire, Byron Shire, Lismore City or Richmond
Selection will be based on:
- Academic merit AND
- An assessment of the Scholarship Application questions including a personal introductory statement (up to 100 words) which includes why they are applying for the scholarship.
- Preference will be given to a new or continuing student enrolled in an Engineering degree.