Rous County Council Scholarship 2018
The Rous Water Scholarship is likely to support an undergraduate student from the School of Environment, Science and Engineering at Southern Cross University. The student must be a resident of one of the constituent shires in the Rous Water area of management — Lismore City, Ballina, Byron Bay and Richmond Valley. Preference will be for an Engineering student. Students commencing their studies in 2017 are encouraged to apply as are continuing students.
Complete the 2018 SCU Scholarship Application by 20 December 2017.
Course of study
Any undergraduate student from the School of Environment, Science and Engineering.
$5000 (two payments of $2500 per session).
See Information for recipients for details about general conditions and payments.
Essential selection criteria
- The recipient is likely to have to be a new or continuing student enrolled in a course of study with SCU’s School of Environment, Science and Engineering.
- The recipient must reside in one of Rous Water’s constituent Council areas (i.e. Ballina Shire, Byron Shire, Lismore City or Richmond Valley)
Other selection criteria
- Preference is likely to be given to a new or continuing student enrolled in the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Civil Engineering or Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Mechanical Engineering.
- Students must enrol full-time (6 to 8 units in 2018).
- Students must not be recipients of another scholarship.
- Evidence of relevant High Academic Standards
- Quality of the answers to scholarship application - in particular the first three questions.