Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarships Program
The Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarships (RRES) program was announced in 2016 to help Australians in regional and remote areas to access higher education. It supports people studying from Certificate IV through to PhD level.
Apply online via QTAC
NOTE You do not need a QTAC application to apply for these scholarships.
Course of study
It supports people studying Diploma, Associate Degree, Bachelor, Honours through to PhD level. Scholarships support flexible study arrangements, and are available to eligible students:
- commencing a new course of study in 2021.
- Review a wide range of eligible courses available at Southern Cross University
- studying on campus, or online
- studying from six months full-time up to eight years part-time
Up to $18,000.00 for a four-year scholarship. See QTAC’s RRES Program for more details.
To be considered for a Rural and Regional Enterprise you must meet all the eligibility criteria below:
- You must be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, holder of a permanent humanitarian visa, or a New Zealand citizen living in Australia.
- Have commenced the first year of your eligible course of study in 2021.
- Your permanent home address must be in a regional or remote area as defined by the Australian Statistical Geography Standard (ASGS). To check if your home address is in an eligible regional or remote area:
- Visit http://www.doctorconnect.gov.au/internet/otd/publishing.nsf/Content/locator
- In the “Search the Map” section enter your full permanent home address
- Choose the “ASGS Remoteness Area (2016)” check box under the “Australia Bureau of Statistics remoteness classifications” section.
- Check which classification area your permanent address is located in on the interactive map. (You can zoom in on your location).
- To be eligible for Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarship you must be located within a RA 2–5 classification.
- Applicants must not have relocated to a major city more than 3 months prior to commencing their chosen course of study.
Your application will be assessed on two main selection criteria:
- Financial Need: You will need to provide documentary evidence to demonstrate financial need. A full definition of financial need can be found at Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarship Program Selection Criteria.
- Capability: You must provide a written response describing:
- A past educational achievement; AND/OR
- A work achievement; AND/OR
- Other achievements that help to demonstrate your ability to undertake your eligible course of study.