Twin Towns Community Foundation Scholarship
The Twin Towns Community Foundation Scholarship is made available to students residing within the boundaries of the Tweed Shire and Gold Coast City Council Local Government areas who have demonstrated significant academic achievement and are enrolling into a degree program at the Gold Coast Campus of Southern Cross University. Preference will be given, but not limited to, a student undertaking a three-year degree in the University’s Faculty of Business, Law and Arts.
$5,000 per scholarship for one yearSee Information for recipients for details about general conditions and payments
Up to two
Course of study
A future student commencing in any Bachelor degree at Gold Coast campus
Applicants applying for the Twin Towns Community Foundation Scholarship must:
- Be Australian citizens or permanent residents;
- Qualify for admission and be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate degree at Southern Cross University, Gold Coast campus, commencing 2023.
- Reside within the boundaries of the Tweed Shire and Gold Coast City Council Local Government areas. Preference will be given to students who live within the area from and including Burleigh Heads south to the Tweed Shire southern border;
- Be able to demonstrate significant academic achievement OR evidence of outstanding academic performance as a mature age student;
- Be able to demonstrate that they have personal maturity and social responsibility as evidenced by contributions to the community.
- the standard of your response to the general scholarship application questions.
- Academic merit;
- Evidence of personal maturity and social responsibility as demonstrated by contributions to the community.
Preference will be given to awarding one scholarship to a student who meets all of the above criteria and are undertaking a degree in the Faculty of Business, Law and Arts, or the Faculty of Education, or studying a Bachelor of Nursing.