Explore the facilities
Modern, professional-standard, purpose-built facilities and exhibition spaces for contemporary music, digital media and art and design.
Get access to the latest video, audio and creative technology and software, labs and studios for your learning — and, most importantly, the production of your own work.
World class facilities in performance, media and art
Take a virtual tour of D Block, the home of contemporary music and digital media at the Lismore campus.
Hire our facilities
Want to hire our professional facilities for your project, event or conference? Contact us for more information on booking a venue.
Studio One29 is our flagship multi-purpose facility at the Lismore campus that doubles as a learning space for contemporary music and digital media students.
- A live concert performance space
- Mixing desk for sound and lighting
- Multi-camera set up for recording live performances or presentations
- Control room.
Students studying at our Coomera campus, located at the northern Gold Coast, have access to some of the best modern production facilities for contemporary music and digital media.
- Soundproof rehearsal rooms with vocal PA and backline gear
- Live performance space with a full line array sound system and professional lighting rig
- World-class recording facility in the main studio with SSL Duality mixing desk
- Commercial-grade digital media studios, equipment and industry-standard software.
[Adam Shoemaker] Well we couldn't wait for this it's been more than a year in the making and in fact today is the big day where we launched two new degrees in absolute partnership with Gold Coast TAFE Queensland and they're actually in contemporary music and multimedia as well so really interesting degrees and a great place for a really go-to location.
[Karen Dickinson] The facilities are fantastic as I think Adam was saying earlier they are really state-of-the-art facilities there's a whole range of different production rooms the equipment it really is outstanding.
[Adam Shoemaker] I love the word creative and creativity. Creative industries as you know one of the great 21st century success stories think of film think of the new versions of multimedia think of streaming think of composition in music for computer gaming, think of all the options behind in studios and consoles this is the whole array of creativity that's here it isn't just behind the microphone it's the brains behind the operation and that's what we're on about with - our degrees of the highest quality and employability.
[Harry J Hart] I've loved it so far just like so much just and I've made some great friends being surrounded by like-minded people.
[Melissa Rossouw] So I've decided to enrol in the Southern Cross music program because I've really enjoyed working in the diploma here and it just made me realize that I want to become a live sound engineer and I've heard from many people that it's a great experience at Southern Cross University so I thought it'd be a great way to go.
[Karen Dickinson] We have a large cohort of diploma students and we're providing them that opportunity to be able to study with a really reputable wonderful organisation in Southern Cross University and they can do that study on the Gold Coast.
Our Lismore campus boasts state-of-the-art music facilities.
- Professional-standard concert performance space (known as StudioOne29)
- Recording studios
- Production studios and labs
- Tuition and practice facilities
- Recording, composing and editing software.
Download Contemporary Music Studios Lismore information (PDF) for details of the studios, equipment and software.
Get access to broadcast studios plus a wide range of production spaces and media equipment, computer labs and on-location equipment.
- Digital workstations and labs
- Radio studios
- Television studio (located in Studio One29) with
- multi-camera set-up
- control room
- Photography studio
- On-location equipment: broadcast-standard HD and 4K cameras, lighting and sound recording equipment.
Working in our modern, well-equipped, multi-medium studios you’ll discover a dynamic and collegial atmosphere that encourages the best work from you and your peers.
- Drawing studio for traditional and interdisciplinary media
- Digital art and design computer lab
- Digital photography computer lab and camera equipment
- Painting studios for acrylic, oil and encaustic processes
- Printmaking studios for etching, screen printing and relief processes
- Wood-fired and gas-fired kiln for ceramics, wood and metal fabrication and bronze casting
- Handmade papermaking equipment including paper beaters, vats and presses
- Dedicated exhibition spaces.
Download Visual Arts Studios Lismore information (PDF) for details of the studios and equipment.