The School of Arts and Social Sciences provides modern purpose-built facilities for contemporary music, media and visual arts students. Students have access to the latest video, audio and creative technology and software, labs and studios for tuition and the production of works that feature up-to-date equipment, and professional-standard concert and exhibition spaces in Studio One29.
The creative hub on Lismore campus includes the following facilities.
- professional-standard concert performance space
- recording studios
- production studios and labs
- tuition and practice facilities
- recording, composing and editing software
- digital workstations and labs
- radio and television studios
- photography studio
- on-location equipment (broadcast-standard HDV cameras, lighting and sound recording equipment)
- drawing studio for traditional and interdisciplinary media
- digital arts and design computer lab
- digital photography computer lab and camera equipment
- painting studios for acrylic, oil and encaustic processes
- printmaking studios for etching, screen printing and relief processes
- wood-fired and gas kiln for ceramics, wood and metal fabrication and bronze casting)
- handmade papermaking equipment including paper beaters, vats and presses
- dedicated exhibition spaces including Studio One29
Studio One29 is a professional production house and exhibition space located at Southern Cross University's Lismore campus and managed by the School of Arts and Social Sciences. It is the nexus for a range of creative and performing arts capabilities.