Academic research is the systematic and rigorous pursuit of creative and critical activities. It aims to increase human knowledge and understanding. A higher degree research thesis is a result of original research and investigations by a candidate for a higher degree which satisfies the requirements of the specific higher degree rules.
At the School of Business and Tourism, we have an exemplary team of research supervisors who can help you turn your burning interest into a new body of knowledge through research.
The School also has a comprehensive range of research strengths that include:
- Tourism, leisure, gambling and related topics - with further specialisations in policy and planning, marketing, human resource management, Indigenous issues, environmental issues, education and socially critical matters;
- Finance and accounting, business and management, policy and administration, marketing;
- Information systems and technology.
Research Degrees offered by the School are:
- Masters by Research
Staff from the School of Business and Tourism are able to supervise postgraduate research candidates in a broad range of areas and across various methodologies.
For more information about postgraduate research with the School of Business and Tourism contact the schools Higher Degree Research Director, Associate Professor Michael Charles | (email@example.com) and the following research cluster leader relevant to your areas of interest:
- Business and Management research cluster leader: Associate Professor Michael Kortt | (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Information Technology research cluster leader: Professor Dian Tjondronegoro | (email@example.com)
- Tourism research cluster leader: Professor Kevin Markwell | (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For further information about postgraduate research studies at Southern Cross University visit the Graduate School.
Graduate School HDR forms.