New Colombo Plan scholarships
The New Colombo Plan is an initiative of the Australian Government which aims to lift knowledge of the Indo-Pacific region by supporting Australian undergraduate students to study and undertake internships in the region.
See all available in the New Colombo Plan.
Food, Culture and Turtle Conservation in Malaysia
1st to 20th of November 2019
Would you like to:
- Engage with Malaysian culture, people, cuisine, and nature?
- Gain an understanding of the local food supply chain - visit farmers, food businesses, fishermen and local markets?
- Learn about Muslim cultural practices through the cuisine and Halal food preparation/cooking classes, a homestay with a local family, and field trips to Islamic tourism attractions?
- Visit turtle conservation areas?
- Experience Kuala Lumpur, one of Asia’s most dynamic cities and gain insights into multicultural Malaysia through its signature foods and on-site visits to wet markets and other food outlets?
If you are interested in applying, please contact Dr Deborah Che at email@example.com.
Applications close 18 August 2019.
Marine Tourism and Livelihoods in Maluku, Eastern Indonesia
10th to 24th of November 2019
Maluku Province, eastern Indonesia comprises several hundred islands and is heavily dependent on marine resources to sustain the population. Tourism is fledgling but, there is a push to develop tourism and increase visitation numbers. Conversely, in the north, Segara Lestari is a village where community members are dedicated to a sustaining coastal livelihoods based on core values and local customs.
Based around the undergraduate unit MNG10724 (Coastal and Marine Tourism) students will meet community members, share experiences and learn about approaches to livelihoods and planning for tourism. Maximum number of participants is 10.
If you are interested in applying, please contact Dr Kay Dimmock at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close soon.