Education non-academic requirements
Non-academic requirements video
From 2018, applicants for initial teacher education (ITE) courses must meet academic and non-academic entry requirements.
Academic entry requirements apply to all our initial teacher education courses. You can find academic entry requirements for each course in the course links below.
You can meet academic entry requirements through:
- senior secondary (Year 12) results
- successful prior study at university or VET level
- successful completion of relevant professional qualifications
- approved admissions tests.
Initial teaching courses at Southern Cross University:
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Education (Primary)
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Education (Primary/Early Childhood)
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Education (Primary/Secondary)
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Education (Secondary)
- Bachelor of Technology/Bachelor of Education (Secondary)
- Master of Teaching.
To meet the non-academic entry requirements, you must complete an online questionnaire as well as two written statements that demonstrate Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership (AITSL) competencies.
Applicants must address the following two categories to demonstrate their understanding of teaching and motivation for undertaking a teaching course.
Category 1: Interest in teaching and children/young people
Category 2: Involvement in personal learning and leadership activities
Submitting your statements
Direct applicants - Questionnaire for non-academic teaching requirements
QTAC applicants - Non-academic entry requirements for teacher entry
UAC applicants – Personal statements for teaching courses
If you are applying to more than one teaching course, only one personal statement needs to be submitted.
Contact the Future Students team online or phone: 1800 626 481