Women in Engineering
Southern Cross University's Women in Engineering intiatives and activities aim to inspire, encourage and inform women of the opportunities available within the engineering sector.
The Women in Engineering Working Party was initiated in 2017 by SCU Engineering with representatives from key areas including Primary and High Schools (private and public), Southern Cross University and industry. The Working Party network provides support, information and collaboration across the sectors to encourage greater representation of women in engineering.
Southern Cross University offers a supportive environment for female students to enjoy studying their engineering degree with initiatives such as:-
- Lunchtime Seminars with guest speakers
- Industry Networking Breakfast for Women in Engineering
- SCU Engineering Society participation
- Bright Futures: Student-Alumni Mentoring Program
- Leadership opportunities and event participation eg Spring into Engineering Program for Aspiring Girls
- Motivational and public speaking opportunities to inspire other young girls
We also offer a personable approach to teaching, modest class sizes, an engaged engineering community and supportive lecturers and staff.
We are proud to say that our female graduates have found great success in their careers and have become an integral part of our alumni community.
To find out more about our engineering degrees, please visit our Courses webpage.