As a condition of any type of Professional Experience including placement, volunteering, laboratory work, research, or community engaged learning, you are required to provide evidence of your compliance and health protection before participating in any of these activities.
How does student compliance work?
- Student compliance is a mandatory, legislative and regulatory requirement.
- You must be compliant to attend placement.
- You must meet the SCU and external body requirements, for the safety of yourself and others.
- View the list of Pre-Placement Compliance Requirements.
Travel and Costs
- Professional Experience activities within a student’s local area may not be available and extended travel to/from a student’s area may be required.
- Students are responsible for any accommodation and travel costs associated with Professional Experience activities.
- Scholarships and grants
- Unistays - SCU off-campus accommodation
- Some compliance requirements may incur a fee, eg National Police Certificate (NPC).
- SCU Student Loans
Policies and Guidelines
- Guidelines for Pregnant Students
- NSW Clinical placement Information
- NSW Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination Against Specified Infectious Diseases
- QLD Health Vaccination Requirements
- Community Engaged Learning Policy
- Community Engaged Learning At-Risk procedures
- SCU Code of Conduct
Please contact the Professional Experience Unit (PEU) in the School of Health and Human Sciences for more information: