The School of Law and Justice offers cutting edge law degrees to suit people with a range of professional backgrounds, study experiences and career aspirations. Our courses have flexible study options including online study and on-campus education, workshops and Law Placements.
Now in its 20th year, our Summer Law School at the Gold Coast and Byron Bay offers exciting and academically rigorous units delivered by internationally recognised experts.
We also offer law studies to legal practitioners trained outside of Australia, for admission purposes in New South Wales.
- Visit Study at SCU for information about student life, fees, scholarships, special entry programs, and information for Year 10, 11 and 12 students, parents, mature entry applicants, and careers advisors.
- Select a course to view course details and information about intakes. Some courses are also available for (session 2) entry and some units and courses are available in session 3 (November)
- If you are an international student, please contact SCU International or email email@example.com
- Teaching calendar - session dates
An award of Honours signals that a student has achieved high order legal research competencies and a high standard of academic excellence in their LLB degree.
Completion of the LLB with Honours requires students to develop skills in legal research methodologies that are highly relevant to a range of professional career options, including academic careers, research, policy and government advisory positions as well as enhancing the range of legal research skills that can be applied to conventional forms of legal practice. Employers in the legal profession tend to look favourably upon an Honours award as indicating that a student has achieved a high standard of excellence in their undergraduate law studies.
Entry to the LLB Honours program is open only to students who attain excellence in their LLB studies and are close to the completion of their degree. The Honours program involves the completion of two specific units of study which together require the preparation of a sound research methodology and proposal to support the completion of a research thesis.
- Master of Laws (by thesis) **
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) **
For more information contact:
Associate Professor Dr John Page
Deputy Head of School (Research)
+61 2 6620 3058 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Research degree information is also available at the Graduate School.
** Available at Lismore, Gold Coast and online. Location of study may be dependent on the location of the principal supervisor.