Keeping an eye on nutrient supply in costal systems
- Ensuring water quality, species diversity and habitat health in coastal systems
- Projects enabling positive change, as demonstrated in the Cook Islands and Great Barrier Reef
- Improved treatment systems benefit the natural environment and local economies.
Bleach patrol: Learning from the ‘super corals’
- Findings have potential for reef conservation and restoration
- Opportunity to create stronger, more resistant coral offspring
- Resistant ‘super corals’ provide clues on bleaching.
Oceanic acid test
- Coral reef erosion pinpointed as imminent environmental threat
- Benthic chambers used to measure future impact of seawater acidity
- Inaction to affect ecosystems, tourism, fisheries and other activities.