Play the Liverpool Way
Learn to play and coach the Liverpool Way – unique in Australia to Southern Cross University Football Centre in Lismore, New South Wales.
The Liverpool FC Football Excellence Program will be offered for the first time in 2020 to a select group of University students, male and female.
The program, endorsed by Liverpool Football Club and delivered through Liverpool International Academies NSW, offers participants up to 15 hours a week of an authentic Liverpool Football Club experience for 30 weeks of the year while they study at Southern Cross University.
Through a mix of skills development and coach education, students will experience proven Liverpool Football Club methodology and philosophy delivered by coaches accredited with Liverpool FC International Academy and led by Liverpool Academy and UEFA A Licenced Coach James Gow.
Students will also benefit from input from a range of academics and industry professionals on topics complementary to high-performance sport.
This unique program includes:
- Exclusive Liverpool FC training experience reflecting methods, philosophy and culture of the world-renowned Liverpool FC Academy
- Liverpool FC International Academy Kit
- Southern Cross University/Liverpool FC International Academies Certificate of Completion
- Access to a range of valuable additional qualifications
- Membership to the SCU Gym on campus
- Discounted Student Accommodation
Selection to the Liverpool FC Football Excellence Program requires:
- Active enrolment at Southern Cross University
- Submission of a CV outlining football playing and/or coaching experience
- Payment of $10,990 for the full year’s program (additional to study fees)
For younger players, the Liverpool Football Club International Academy NSW based at Southern Cross University in Lismore NSW is Australia’s only Liverpool FC Academy.
Our team of coaches with the support of Southern Cross University academics and teaching resources deliver programs for coaches and players.
In addition to the most authentic club coaching program, we teach young players how to advance both on and off the pitch, through development of key life skills such as communication, team work, problem solving and goal setting.
Please visit Liverpool FC Academy NSW for further information on current programs.