Dr Carolyn Raymond
t: +61 2 6620 3142
f: +61 2 6622 2080
BRurSc Hons Class 2A (University of New England)
MRurSc (University of New England)
PhD (University of Tasmania)
Carolyn trained as a quantitative geneticist and spent most of her career working in forest research, initially at CSIRO for 21 years, followed by Forests NSW and then at Southern Cross University. Her research has covered a wide range of subject areas including tree breeding, quantitative genetics, genotype by environment interactions, wood quality, relationships between wood and end-product properties plus a bit of entomology and silviculture.
Since 2012 Carolyn has been the biometrician in the Plant Science research group and is involved in experimental design and analysis of data from field, glasshouse and laboratory trials for a range of different crop species and provides statistical assistance to staff and students.
Recent Refereed Journal Articles
- Welling M, Liu, L, Raymond, C, Kretzschmar T, Ansari O, King GJ (2019) Complex Patterns of Cannabinoid Alkyl Side-Chain Inheritance in Cannabis. Scientific Reports. in press.
- Borpatragohain P, Rose TJ, Liu L, Raymond C, Barkla BJ, King GJ (2019) Seed glucosinolate yield is maximized by higher rates of sulfur nutrition than required for seed yield in condiment mustard (Brassica juncea L.). PLoSONE, in press
- Welling MT, Liu L, Raymond CA, Ansari A, King GJ (2018) Developmental Plasticity of the Major Alkyl Cannabinoid Chemotypes in a Diverse Cannabis Genetic Resource Collection, Frontiers in Plant Science. DOI https://doi.org/10.3389/fpls.2018.01510
- Ali F, Waters DLE, Ovenden B, Bundock P, Raymond CA, Rose TJ (2018) Australian rice varieties vary in grain yield response to heat stress during reproductive and grain filling stages. Journal of Agronomy and Crop Science; 00:1–9. https://doi.org/10.1111/jac.12312
- Balindong, J.L., Ward, R.M., Rose, T.J., Liu, L., Raymond, C.A., Snell, P.J., Ovenden, B. and Waters, D.L.E (2018) Rice grain protein composition influences head rice yield. Cereal Chemistry. Published online January 2018 DOI:10.1002/cche.10031
- Rose, T.J, Kearney, L.J., Erler, D.V., Rose, M.T., Van Zweiten, L. and Raymond, C.A. (2018) Influence of growth stage and seed nitrogen on B values and potential contributions to error in estimating biological N2 fixation using the 15N natural abundance method. Plant and Soil. Published online February 2018.
- Liu, L., Guo, Q., He, Z., Xia, X., Waters, D., Raymond, C. and King, G. (2017) Genotypic variation in wheat flour lysophospholipids and relationship with kernel hardness. Molecules Volume: 22 Issue: 6 Article Number: 909 Published: June 2017
- Raymond, C.A., Davies, N.W., Larkman, T. (2017) GC-MS method validation and levels of methyl eugenol in a diverse range of tea tree (Melaleuca alternifolia) oils, Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry, Volume 409, Issue 7, 1 March 2017, Pages 1779-1787