Essential training for new employees
Welcome to Southern Cross University.
A range of professional learning opportunities are available to you during your time at the University. As part of your introduction, a package of essential training has been devised.
The intent of the package is to familiarise you with University processes and make you aware of what is required of you. To obtain best results, you should review the following list of professional learning programs with your supervisor to identify those relevant to your position and complete the appropriate training as soon as possible:
- EO Online (must be completed during your first week as part of your induction);
- Workplace Health and Safety training;
- SCU systems and information technology (eg Student 1, T1-Financials, Concur, email and calendaring, using the network and Blackboard);
- Cultural Competency;
- Responding to Disclosures of Sexual Violence; and
- Staff selection and interview skills (completion of EO Online is a pre-requisite for this program).
The University and its staff have statutory obligations to its international students. If your position requires you to have contact with international students, you will be required to complete mandatory training to understand these responsibilities. Further information can be obtained from the Planning, Quality & Review website.
For assistance and further information concerning other professional learning opportunities refer to: