Academic Promotion provides for eligible academic staff to advance to a higher level appointment, via a fair, equitable and transparent process.
The Academic Promotions Policy and Academic Promotions Procedures sets out the framework and principles by which the promotion processes are implemented. It is important that you read these documents and other key supporting documentation and resources provided on this page prior to beginning your application for promotion.
Promotion rounds for academic staff are conducted annually.
Academic promotion information session
In order to support academics wanting to apply for promotion in 2021 the following sessions will be held:
|Academic promotion information session||Wednesday, 28 April 2021||1.00pm - 2.30pm (AEST)||
Please note these sessions will be recorded in the event you are unable to attend and the recordings will be available from this site following the above sessions.
- Academic Promotion Information Session - recorded session, 28 April 2021
- Academic Promotion Panel Discussion - 2021 Advancing Careers for Women
|Level||Applications open||Applications close||Promotion Interviews|
Level B (Lecturer)
Level C (Senior Lecturer)
|4 May 2021||4 June 2021||1-2 September 2021|
|Level D (Associate Professor)
Level E (Professor)
|4 May 2021||4 June 2021||21-22 September 2021|
Feedback meeting with the Chair will occur shortly after interview.
Promotion is effective for successful applicants 1 January in the following year.
- Academic promotions application - level B & C
- Academic promotions application - levels D & E
- PRP tools, guidelines and tips
- Academic CV and portfolio
- Academic promotion - Levels of performance
- Academic promotion - Minimum levels of achievement
- Academic promotion - Evidence of impact
- Academic promotion - Achievement relative to opportunity guidelines
- Minimum standards for academic staff
- Code of Conduct
- IRMA report information
For more information on academic promotion please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact HR Services on 02 6620 3667.