We encourage employees to actively plan their careers and engage in training and development activities that enhance their existing capabilities and support career advancement. These activities should build on and support the University's strategic goals.
Training and development needs are identified through:
- The performance and career planning process for individuals;
- Review of team performance;
- Organisational unit planning and review processes; and/or
- An induction or probationary review.
In addition to the professional learning programs offered by the University, a range of other opportunities for development are coordinated through HR Services including:
- Academic Special Studies Program;
- Study assistance; and
- Professional Staff Career Development Program.
External learning providers and programs
Training and development opportunities may be offered through external providers such as those listed below. You should also consider opportunities offered within your own professional network.
- Association for Tertiary Education Management
- Australian Institute of Management
- Institute of Public Administration
- LH Martin Institute
- Foresight Learning
- Grammar Debugged
- Upfront Communications