Duty to Disclose
It is important that details of all claims including incidents or matters that could lead to a claim are advised to contact the Insurance Office at the earliest possible opportunity by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone (02) 6620 3320. Failure to advise the insurer could affect the success of a claim.
Under the Insurance Contracts Act 1984 (Cth) an insured person or entity has an obligation to disclose relevant information to the insurer.
Please email email@example.com if planning any of the following types of activities:
- Acquisition or creation of new entities;
- Purchase, construction or occupancy of new premises;
- Alteration, vacation, extension or demolition of existing premises;
- Installation of new plant or key machinery/equipment;
- Hire, lease or loan of plant and equipment;
- Changes in business operations, development of new products, etc.;
- Disconnection of alarms or any fire prevention or detection system;
- Charter of aircraft, other than commercial passenger travel;
- Export of products overseas (particularly to USA or Canada); or
- Commercial dealings in USA or Canada.
All insurance policies contain terms, conditions and exclusions. The success of a claim will depend on the individual circumstances.