Insurance cover for students
SCU students are covered under the following insurance policies (where relevant) when undertaking approved University activities:
- Public liability protection - Staff can access a copy of this protection at Students General and Products Liability
- Professional liability - Staff can access a copy of this protection at Professional Liability Students
- Malpractice insurance - Staff can access a copy of this protection at Medical Malpractice Protection - Students
- Personal accident insurance - Staff can access a copy of this protection at Personal Accident Protection
University insurances do not protect students in respect of claims against them for damage or injury caused in relation to non-University activities, including accommodation and non-University sporting or recreational activities.
Note: For protection to be provided under the University's policies, any work experience or work placement undertaken by the student that is not a course requirement must be complementary to the student's course of study and must be endorsed by the relevant Head of School. If a student receives remuneration from the host organisation with which they are working they are deemed to be an employee of the host organisation and the University's insurances no longer apply.
If you would like to request confirmations of any of the above protections, please email email@example.com or telephone (+61 2) 6620 3320.
Corporate Travel Insurance
The University’s Corporate Travel Insurance covers students whilst travelling within Australia or overseas on authorised University business.
For further Information reading the University’s Travel Policy refer to the links below:
Information for Students (login required)
- Corporate Travel Insurance Summary – Important terms, conditions and exclusion
- Student Schedule of Benefits – Students travelling for work experience, practicum, internships or similar approved activities (excluding study abroad)
- Student Schedule of Benefits - Study Abroad – Students travelling for short term, faculty lead study abroad programs/tours (maximum 30 days)
- Policy Wording and Product Disclosure Statement (PDS)
- Student Travel Insurance Enquiry Form
Workers' Compensation insurance
Students are not covered under the University's Workers' Compensation insurance unless employed by the University.
Personal Property of Students
The University insurances do not cover the personal effects of students such as clothing, furniture, jewellery, mobile phones, cameras, electronic equipment, etc.
Further Enquires - Contact
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone (+61 2) 6620 3320.