Insurance cover for students
SCU students are covered under the following insurance policies (where relevant) when undertaking approved University activities:
- Public liability protection. Staff can access a copy of this protection at General and Products Liability Protection
- Professional liability. Staff can access a copy of this protection at Professional Liability Protection
- Malpractice insurance. Staff can access a copy of this protection at Malpractice Protection
- Personal accident insurance. Staff can access a copy of this protection at Personal Accident Protection
- Corporate travel insurance (for authorised University business travel only)
University insurances do not protect students in respect of claims against them for damage or injury caused in relation to non-University activities, including accommodation and non-University sporting or recreational activities.
Note: For protection to be provided under the University's policies, any work experience or work placement undertaken by the student that is not a course requirement must be complementary to the student's course of study and must be endorsed by the relevant Head of School. If a student receives remuneration from the host organisation with which they are working they are deemed to be an employee of the host organisation and the University's insurances no longer apply.
If you would like to request confirmations of any of the above protections, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone (02) 6626 9497.
Workers' Compensation insurance
Students are not covered under the University's Workers' Compensation insurance unless employed by the University.
Personal Property of Students
The University insurances do not cover the personal effects of students such as clothing, furniture, jewellery, mobile phones, cameras, electronic equipment, etc.
For further information please email email@example.com or telephone (02) 6626 9497.