Elite athletes and performers
SCU, an Elite Athlete Friendly University
SCU is proud to be a member of the National Network of Athlete Friendly Universities. As such, we have developed an Elite Athlete Program to support elite athletes competing at a state, national or international level to achieve their academic goals while continuing to meet the demands of an often vigorous training and competition regime.
What is an Elite Athlete Friendly University (EAFU)?
An EAFU is a University that is recognised by the Australian Sports Commission, the Australian Institute of Sport and the New South Wales Institute of Sport as an Elite Athlete Friendly Institution. This recognition is a component of the national Athlete Career and Education (ACE) program.
Who is eligible to register as an Elite Athlete?
Athletes who have been identified as elite by one of the following organisations:
- Australian Institute of Sport
- State Institutes or Academies of Sport (e.g. NSWIS)
- AFL Players' Association
- Australian Cricketers' Association
- Rugby Union Players' Association
- Rugby League Professionals' Association
- National senior squad members from ACE supported sports
If you are not registered with one of the above organisations, but represent a sport at a state, national or international competition level:
Who is eligible to register as an Elite Performer?
Those Performers who have contributed to extended or significant productions within Australia or overseas such as those affiliated with State or National level performance organisations including, but not limited to:
What can SCU offer Elite Athletes and Performers?
SCU understands that sometimes elite athletes and performers may have difficulty meeting assignment deadlines or sitting an exam due to the demands of their respective industry.
SCU can assist in:
- Flexible and responsive approach to admissions and enrolment including a bonus point scheme to assist in gaining entry into your chosen course
- Deferring assignments/exams
- Making alternate arrangements for sitting exams
- Flexibility in course structure
- Study on-campus or via distance education
Other non-course related benefits SCU can offer are:
- Gym scholarships
- SCU travel subsidy to compete or perform in the national and/or international arena
- UniLife monetary prizes of up to $500
- Subsidised fees when representing SCU at AUS championships
- Career counselling
Notable Elite Athletes
Some of our Elite Athletes who have benefitted from the SCU Elite Athlete Program over the last 12 months include:
Elite Athletes and Performers Program enquiry and contact
For further information, contact:
T: 02 6620 3220